Subsurface Drip Irrigation
Many areas of the country have experienced the worst drought conditions they’ve seen in more than half a century. Though a serious issue to most farmers, it is not necessarily the crop killer you might think it is. At TRICKL-EEZ Company we have a solution that is growing more popular every year because it is proving itself to be very valuable. It is Subsurface Drip Irrigation (SDI), and TRICKL-EEZ Company is, once again, a leader in the field.
Why SDI? Here are a couple of reasons SDI is proving its value:
- Apply fertilizer through your system as well as water, directly to the roots
- Virtually eliminates evaporation, water is applied below the surface
- Increased yields compared to sprinkler or gravity irrigation
- Automatic systems make for simple and convenient operation
- Efficient water distribution compared to sprinkler or gravity systems
- Lower energy requirements for SDI.
How does SDI stack up compared to other types of systems? Flood irrigation is about 40% efficient. Center Pivots are 60% to 70% efficient. SDI systems are often over 90% efficient! That translates into more efficient application, and cost savings, of fertilizers as well as water.